Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ho Chi Minh City Holiday

My first overseas holiday with my husband was in January. We went to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. More specifically..District 1. We only managed to travel around District 1 mainly because I was pregnant at the tome and also because I had a paper to write. Because I left the paper till last minute, I had to finish the paper during our holiday. I'm so so sorry my dear.

Anyway, more about HCMC. The first thing I noticed about the place is that the traffic is a chaos. But somehow everyone seems to understand each other. The motorbikes mainly dominate the roads..going everywhere from each and every direction. I just knew that I'll never be able to drive in the streets of Ho Chi Minh. Crossing the streets there as a pedestrian made my heart skipped a few beats.

Another thing I was warned about before going to HCMC was to only get on taxis by either Vinasun or Mailinh ONLY. Somehow, (mainly because I was dead tired) I failed to follow this instruction and took a taxi from another company and totally TOTALLY regretted it. The taxi used the meter and so I thought that it would be ok. But along the way I started to notice that the meter wasn't running as it normally does..it jumped and skipped A LOT of numbers. By the time we arrived..we were paying like two or maybe even three times the rate we should have paid. That was a real mood killer.

Apart from that..I guess I actually enjoyed that little holiday with my husband a lot. We had fun just walking around the city and shopping. I was told that the thing to get from HCMC was fabric and so we bought loads of them. Because I was pregnant that time and was easily tired, I requested that we only go to only one or two places. Again..sorry my dear husband. Maybe we'll go there again and then we can visit more places. We did almost all our shopping at Ben Than Market mostly because it sold everything. The prices there were ok but a friend of ours said that it was still not the cheapest. Well, maybe next time we'll go to the other places that people had suggested to us.

Next...(my favourite subject) FOOD~~. One of my most favourite thing to do is to try other people's food. It's amazing how different the food are in other places. Eventhough the ingredients might be the same..the taste is totally different. Among the food that I really liked in HCMC was the fish soup and also the omelette stuffed with crab. Delicious~. The food in Vietnam is mostly spicy and sour. The seafood there is really fresh.

I guess that's all I have to tell about my trip to Ho Chi Minh City, Vitenam. Overall, its a great place to visit and an awesome place to go shopping. Well, until next time...peace out paople!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...