Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jalan-jalan Kuala Kangsar - Masjid Al-Wahidiah

My husband's "kampung" is Kampung Kuala Dal, Kuala Kangsar. And we spend a few days there a few weeks ago. It is a nice place..still quite a serene kampung with trees all around.  It kind of remind me about my own kampung and those were good memories. I loved the times I spent running around with my sisters and cousins in my kampung. Ahhh..the memories.

Anyways...back to the topic I really wanted to talk about. My father in-law is the imam and also the president of the mosque in Kampung Kuala Dal. Recently, the mosque and the ministry of culture and arts (or is it arts and culture) worked together to refurbish an old mosque there. This mosque; Masjid Al-Wahidiah, is the only mosque in the world to be made from bamboo weavings. I don't remember much about the history of this mosque but I just want to share a few pictures I took of this (now) beautiful mosque.

Here is a picture of the mosque I found from zainudins.blogspot.com taken in 2006...

And here are pictures that I took of the mosque recently...









The keys to the mosque was with someone else so I couldn't go inside the mosque. But, personally I think that this mosque is very unique and actually really very beautiful. As muslims visiting mosques is a good thing to do and I urge anyone who is passing by Kuala Kangsar to just stop a while and visit this mosque. It's not very far from the highway exit..just take the first left from the Kuala Kangsar exit on PLUS and you're there in about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...